ReviewsNo reviews yet
Carara National Park
Scarlet Macaws flying overhead in formation, bursts of red, blue and yellow, possibly one of the most beautiful sights you will experience during your visit to Carara.
This transitional forest allows for rich biodiversity, housing approximately 48% of Costa Rica’s bird species.
Bird watching enthusiasts will have the opportunity to observe Scarlet Macaws, Aracari, Toucans, Herons, Egrets, Tinamous, Vultures and more. Your guide accompanies the group during the 2-mile hike, expanding on the different sights and sounds.
A 20-minute stop at an observatory along the way provides time for rest and photographs. The Tarcoles river is the Northern boundary of the park, and the bridge that crosses it is the perfect spot for safely observing the largest crocodile population in the country.
A hearty home-style lunch awaits at our base camp where you can share stories and snapshots of your Carara experience.
- Minimum of four adults required to operate tour.
- Observe a diverse range of exotic birds
- Go deep into the rainforest
- Learn more about biodiversity
- Discover many beautiful wildlife species
- Specialized bilingual guide
Prepare for the activity
What to Bring
- Suntan lotion
- Mosquito repellent
- Hiking shoes
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds