ReviewsNo reviews yet
Damas Island Mangrove Estuary – Kayak
Visit dense fishing spots in the mangroves of Damas Island and experience various fishing techniques, like trolling and spinning, as well as traditional Costa Rican handheld devices.
Damas Island is about a 20-minute drive from Manuel Antonio. It’s easily accessible dock makes it suitable for all kinds of anglers. Once you board your boat you’ll head to the mangroves where you will go after red or black snappers, pacific snooks and mangrove groupers; however, sea basses, jacks and small barracudas are not rare.
A variety of fishing techniques can be used which include trolling, spinning, bottom fishing and eventually live bait. Your fishing guide will recommend the proper technique depending on tides, weather and water visibility.
Due to the density of some fishing spots, traditional fishing with handheld devices such as “el yoyo” or “el bolillo” are highly recommended.
- Depend on high tide
- Kayaks are available for 1 or 2 passengers.
- Children must be at least 8 years old
- No previous experience required.
- Visit a unique ecosystem
- Enjoy kayaking through a canopy forest
- Marvel at the views
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Beverages and lunch
Prepare for the activity
What to Bring
- Suntan lotion
- Sunglasses with retainer cord
- Waterproof camera
- Mosquito repellent
- Bathing suit
- Beach towel
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds